Sunday, January 13, 2013

Orchid Regrowth!

Unexciting though this may look, this is a major achievement for me!  I've had this orchid for about 2 years.  It bloomed beautifully for awhile, and then the flowers were spent, as happens with orchids.  Instead of throwing the plant away (yes, I've done that before), I saved it and sat it in the bedroom (no non-flowering orchids in the public rooms, thank you very much) and later on our new lanai.  A little water once a week and lots of just leaving it alone, and now look!  A stem is coming up which will soon display more beautiful blooms for the house.  :-)  So, so happy!
 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations. Patience pays off.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Jenny! I have a hard time growing that type of orchid. :-(

    ReplyDelete